How to Become a Member
There are four types of membership with AIA New Hampshire:
Please scroll below for details on each.
Join: For those working in the architectural profession and wishing to join AIANH and AIA National, please go to the AIA web site, www.aia.org to retrieve a membership application or to join online.
Benefits of Membership: Being a member of AIA and AIA New Hampshire gives you advantages over non-members, such as:
- Affiliation with a leading nationally recognized professional organization that advances memer interests, promotes the profession, and provides information and tools to give you a competitive advantage
- Networking and sharing ideas with other design professionals
- Programs and events that provide continuing education
- Firm listing on our website
- Annual Design Awards competition
- Volunteer participation on committees such as our Educational Outreach Program, the Environmental Guild, our Architects & Engineers Emergency Response Team
- Emerging Professionals Network for aspiring architects and newly licensed architects
- Legislative Action and Lobbying
- Discounts on AIA Documents
- Subscsription to the NH Forum, AIANH's print newsletter
- Email notification of events and time senstive news
Download the Guide to Member Benefits and Resources.
Dues: For 2017, State dues are $209 for registered architects. For Associate members, new graduates are given two years free membership. Other new Associate members are $102, and are renewed at the new member rate for five years. Dues for Associates who have been members for over five years are equal to the rate of our Affiliate members ($153). There are no local dues. National dues rates are on the Join and Renew links below. National dues are $265 for registered architects and $114 for Associates (new grads free for two years).
Quick Links to AIA Membership
Additional videos featuring members' thoughts on the "Value of AIA."
Corporate Allied Partners (CAP)
As our industry changes and continues to grow, relationships are increasingly important to our survival and prosperity. AIA New Hampshire’s new Corporate Allied Partner (CAP) program is specifically designed to foster the development of strategic relationships between our members and our sponsors. The benefits of partnership are many, involving exposure, collaboration, positioning, and relationship building. AIA New Hampshire’s Corporate Allied Partners have exclusive opportunities to connect with and be recognized by over 750 related professionals as leaders in the industry. Take advantage of these opportunities and demonstrate your commitment to a high-quality built environment by becoming a partner today.
Corporate Allied Partners receive a variety of benefits that include Professional Affiliate Membership (see below), logo display, sponsorship of Chapter Meetings and programs, discounts on advertising, and more. Please view our CAP, Sponsorship, and Membership Prospectus and call the AIANH office with any questions, 603-501-1881.
AIA is not just for architects. If you work in the design and construction field, offer products or services to architects, or are just interested in great design, AIA New Hampshire is the place for you. In a world where disciplinary boundaries no longer matter, AIANH views the Professional Affiliate program as an important bridge between architecture and allied fields. Membership fee is $153 a year for individuals, $365 for corporations (three memberships included).
Professional Affiliate membership is for:
- Building industry professionals (consultants, engineers, developers, contractors, interior designers, landscape architects, attorneys, manufacturers, vendors and other firms/companies) with an interest in working more closely with architects and enhancing architects' awareness of their products, services and materials
- Industry professionals (other than architects and architecture graduates) who wish to share ideas, to grow professionally and to improve their firm's operations through participation in AIANH programs and events
AFFILIATE MEMBER APPLICATION FORM
For AIANH Professional Affiliate membership information, benefits, and application, click here. Please note: If you are RENEWING your membership, you must pay the full yearly fee, no matter what time of year you are renewing.
Individuals (other than architects, architecture graduates, and allied building industry professionals) who have a special interest in architecture, urban design and planning. Membership fee is $65. Please call the office, 603-501-1881.